The Thrify Decor Chick is hosting a "So Fresh So Clean Party"
Not only do I absolutely admire Thrifty Decor Chick and her sense of style, I
pick up wonderful tips from her and her followers!
Since we hosted my husband family for Christmas in the middle of December my house has I have been lacking a schedule. I'm slowly getting back in the groove of my daily "must do's" to prevent it from looking like a war zone. Last week was an all time low, clothes everywhere; bed room, bath room, outside the laundry room! Our house is still on the market, however I was very thankful last week we did not have any lookers, I would have been SO embarrassed! So when I am on my toes and remembering my 2010 motto this is what I do every day!
1. Our bed must be made, everyday, no matter what.
I have "let go" a little and have allowed (sounds bad I know) to start doing this, it is not perfect and he does not make sure the fabric on the throw pillows is going the same way or that our monogrammed pillow is not up-side down, or that the sheet is not showing or even GASP that the bed skirt is straight, however it has been one thing I have not had to worry about here lately.
It makes me feel good when everything is up off the floor!
2. No dishes in the sink! If I do not have time to unload the dishes from the dishwasher I put my coffee cup in my cereal bowl in the small side of the sink. The BIG side must be clean at all times!!!
3. Wipe off the counter in the kitchen
I love the way this smells and does a great job of just cleaning up every couple of days,
I still use 409 to disinfect!
I also love Mr. Clean Erasers to clean doors and light switch plates!
4. Dirty clothes in the hamper, not on the floor in the bath room or heaven forbid in the sunken tub
(that is me) and absolutely not on top of the hamper, if you are going to take the time and effort to walk over for Pete's sake take the wicker lid off and dump them inside, it’s not heavy I saw you pick it up once I'm sure you can do it again (Chris)! Whew that one got me fired up!!!
5. Run and un-load the dishwasher if needed
6. Go through mail and throw away the junk!
I'm on the hunt for some cute baskets to help eliminate the clutter of the "keep" mail until I can get to it
Every few days I attempt to organize my bills in my folder.
7. Re-fill the Brita water pitcher am & pm, Chris is much better at remembering this that I am!
The best $31 we ever spent!
I need to add the following to my dailey routine
*put all my "getting ready" stuff away in the morning
*clean my car out
*do a light chore
* Prepare coffee the night before, it will eliminat clean up in the morning
1. Wash sheets and towels
(sometime I will do sheets every other week, especially if Chris has been traveling a lot)
2. ALL laundry!
I am awful about waiting until Sunday afternoon to do this and by 8 pm I do not want to put it up!
I use Dreft, I know it is pricy but you cannot beat the smell plus it really seems to help if you have any type of skin reaction to regular detergent! I do not use fabric softener so I feel like I probably spend the same as most people
4. Clean off all the catch all that accumulates in the kitchen
5. Empty all containers, throw away everything that only has one or two pumps left, and put new soap in showers if needed. This just really helps out in the rush of the morning and gets all the extra bulk out of the way in the trash!
6. I look at the weather and pick out what I'm going to wear for the next week
and put it at the front of the closet. That way I can iron what I need.
I know very elementary but it has helped!
7. Trash day in on Monday (which is great!) and Chris does it for the most part.
I do a lot more on a weekly basis but I assume most of you do the same!