Thursday, January 14, 2010

HaPpY nEw YeAr.... A LiTtLe LaTe!

I can not believe it has been over 1 month since my last post! Wow, a lot has happened since I last posted however I will not take the time to do a re-cap and just move on into the New Year.



Since I seem to be working a little behind these days. I will post my New Year's Goals.

My 2010 Motto
Discipline is remembering what you want
david cambell


I saw this phrase over at Clover Lane, and it has been stuck in my head ever since. It applies to everyone no matter your age, social standing, race, or gender no matter what your goal is. I claim this phrase and will repeat it in my head every day, every time I start to veer of course!
I also seem to pick a theme or color that I stick with for a while, in the near past it has been avocado green, however I feel more drawn to dark purple these days, so I am sure it will be my 2010 color, do not worry RED you will always be my favorite, forever and always not matter what!

1. As always, lose weight and be healthier inside and out
2.Work on having a stronger relationship with my husband
3.Find a church
4.Grow my hair out and keep it healthy
5.This kind of falls under #1, but become more physically fit
6.Be more open minded and flexible (being in control is huge for me)
7. Stay on budget and SAVE
8.Blogging and everything that goes with it!
9. Be a better "parent" to our dog Sadie (there is a whole issue behind this)
10.Make 2010 a year to remember, I have been out of high school 10 years! Ouch! I need to remember what my goals were in 2000, it was a big year for me and I went through a lot of changes and experiences.

I am sure these "goals" are not to far off to any of most of yours, they are pretty generic. I look forward to doing a blog about each of these and how I am coming along throughout the year. Being the OCD control freak I am I have a "sub list" that goes with these. Maybe I should start a binder, see there I go again the whole control thing!
What are your goals for 2010? How do you hold yourself accountable?






2 comments:

  1. Goals are a good thing to have. I hope you have the best of luck in meeting them. I hope you guys will find a church. It is hard to get out there and visit but, once you find one it really pays off. Chris and I's church means so much to us. We have such wonderful friends and by going we have strengthend our marriage. I believe you can do all of these things. I also love your moto. I might have to steal it. Hope you have great year. I look forward to reading about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right on Sister!!!! I’m so proud or you for setting goals and holding yourself accountable. Pappy would say, “It might not be easy, but it is simple.” For those of you that have no clue what I talking about, read my blog. Anyway, once again I would like to say that we are the same person. You can’t stop being OCD that is what and who we are….that is what makes our electricity work. However, we both need to focus more on the things we can change and except the things we can not change. Never the less, I love you more than a fat girl loves cake and I’m proud that you are my best fRiEnD!

    ReplyDelete