Sunday, November 15, 2009

Shopping, For Less!

I love to shop, however I do not like to spend money. This can be a problem, so I am always looking for a bargain, I watch for sales, do a lot of comparison shopping, I'm a copy cat and do not mind trying to re-create something pricey on the cheap side, and I do not mind buying second hand. I actually like shopping at re-sale stores because:


1. The quantity is limited, so they either have it or they don't so you are not wasting your time.

2. The selection of different brands all under one roof.

3. You would not imagine the amount of stuff that I get that is new and still has the tags on it.

4. The price of course!



However I do not mind spending money on shoes, slacks, jackets, or something that I know I will honestly get my money out of!



I call this my $12 outfit, no the whole thing did not cost $12 but each piece did and they each represent a different type of shopping strategy.




Sorry for the pitiful picture!



Shirt- black mock turtle neck has a cap sleeve and I bought it at Stein Mart it was $15.99 but I had a 20% coupon!

Scarf- black and white hounds tooth can go with so much. I bought it at a re-sale shop but I'm pretty sure it is new (this particular re-sale shop buys a lot of accessories at market) and was $12.99 with tax!
Red Cardigan- Talbots classic cardigan, regular price around $70. It is not long like a lot of cardigans that I have bought/seen this season but I'm short and can make it work plus it was $12.99 with tax!
Belt- Classic black belt from Target, I paid full price of $12.99 and have already wore it more than I thought I would!
Pants- These came from Dillard’s and were around $60 regular and I paid no more than $9.00, can you believe that! They were on clearance after I found these by mistake I combed every Dillard’s I could trying to find more they are short size and fit me perfectly, I found one more pair that were a brown pin stripe and I paid $10 for those.
Shoes- Well everyone should have a nice pair of black heels they are worth the money. I always keep a black and brown pair of Nine West similar to the pair below.

This is a great way to make a cheap knit summer dress a little more dressed up and depending on your dress code at work it could mean having one more casual work appropriate outfit!



See looking good does not have to make you feel guilty! Above is the same cardigan and scarf, the dress came from Wal-Mart for $12 last summer and the necklace came from Cato's and I'm pretty sure it was $4.99. This would look great with black boots like the ones below and tights. I do not wear tall boots, they do not look good on me but if I did not look so awful in them I would buy a pair like this.




I also bought this cranberry corduroy blazer at the re-sale shop they were having an alphabet sale and on that day everything with a J was on 20% off, so I think I paid about $15 for it, I had to pay other $12 for alterations but I think I will get a lot of wear out of it. I plan on wearing in for work and weekend. I bought the scarf for $5.99 at Cato's and have a tank underneath.



I have some wide leg jeans similar to these. I bought them at Target for $29!





I have some short brown boots very similar to these, they ar Nine West and I bought them when I was in college and they still look great!

I was going to say Big Gold earrings, however I ran across these turquoise and remembered I have some very similar except they are on silver hoops and are turquoise and pearls but think it might still be pretty cute! None the less these are only $6.95 at Sam Moon!




I found this one on ebay for $18.99.


Happy Shopping!

1 comment:

  1. Not only do I need you to come and decorate my home but, now I need you to come and pick out my clothes. You have such and eye for what looks good together. Love it!

    ReplyDelete